Article by Wendy McCance
I have been getting a lot of questions about blogging. There are so many people either thinking about starting a blog, or are new to blogging and want to know what to expect. I feel lucky in that I have some great followers who are generous with support and advice. I figured it would be great to show some support to those just jumping into the blogging world with some advice from those of us that have been blogging for a while. I hope that many of you decide to participate. For those of you with questions, please put them in the comment section so that I or one of the other readers can answer it for you.
Here are the questions. I will be answering them as well. If there is a question you feel uncomfortable answering, don’t, just go on to the next one.
1. How long have you been blogging?
2. How often do you write a post?
I used to write every day. Life has gotten in the way recently and now I write whenever I find a free moment.
3. Do you advertise your blog anywhere?
I advertise my blog on over 60 sites. Twitter, Facebook, Twyla, Mommy Blogs and Stumblupon are a few.
4. Have you ever gotten any money off of your blog? How?
Yes, mainly from writing articles for companies that have contacted me.
5. What do you like best about blogging?
I love the blogging community. There are so many wonderful, generous and supportive people who I have gotten to know through my blog.
6. Are you a writer or looking to become one?
I am a full-time freelance writer.
7. Do you feel your blog is taking off the way you would like it to?
Yes, I am stunned by the amount of people who have visited my site since I began blogging. I currently have over 1,400 followers.
8. What is the most exciting thing that has happened to you because you have a blog?
My blog is featured in the Oakland Press (local newspaper).
9. Do you have any advice for those just starting out?
Enjoy the process and don’t stress about what you write. Be authentic and your blog will be appreciated.
Thanks for participating. 🙂
To contact Wendy McCance about a writing or social media assignment, interview or speaking engagement, please email her at: email@example.com
Latest posts by Wendy McCance (see all)
- When Edits Go Too Far - April 24, 2019
- What is a Writers Residency and How Do I Find One? - January 13, 2018
- Useful Information For Those Writing a Book - January 11, 2018