Article by Wendy McCance
When you are just getting started developing your own business, finding free tools that you can use is like finding a present under the tree. I am a huge fan of running a business with very little overhead. Honestly, I only spend money on a hosting site, domain name, office supplies (which are few) and expenses for gas and meals (when I meet a client at a restaurant or coffee shop).
I have compiled a list of great tools which I love using and which are all free. I have no affiliation with anything I am listing, I just want to spread some holiday cheer.
If you are still in the early stages of your career, the links below might be of tremendous use to you. If you are well established, there still might be something on this list you would like to use. By the way, make sure to check out the bottom of this post for a little extra bonus.
Free Business Tools
- Vista Prints This is a great site to get Free business cards. When you go to the site, look for their offer for free cards.
- Smilebox A great site to get Free holiday greeting cards that you can send to clients via email.
- Commun.it Keep track of your Twitter followers. This site lets you thank multiple people with one press of a button. You can put in search words to find the type of people you want to connect to. You will also get information on who is a top supporter, influential followers etc… all for Free.
- Paper.li Put together a newspaper with articles from your own blog as well as links to the people who you find influential. Paper.li will post an announcement onto your social media platforms whenever a new edition of your paper has come out.
The genius of this site is that whenever an influencer is in the paper, they will get a message on Twitter that you shared their content links. It’s a great way to share great content and get the right people to notice you. Easy to set up and it is Free!
- Followerwonk Another Free platform that gives you Twitter analytics.
- Photo Pin Free photos for bloggers and creatives.
- Simply Measured Free reports to analyze a brand across multiple social media platforms.
- FormsMax Free business proposal templates you can download and fill in to use.
- Bizfilings Incredible amount of tools and forms that you can download and use for your business all for Free.
- Hubspot Five Free infographic templates you can download and use. Hubspot is one of those sites where you should check out all they have to offer. There are numerous downloads in a variety of areas. If you sign up for email, you will get the occasional email with the latest Free downloads available.
Need a little extra cash for the holidays?
Bonus: Carol Tice over at Make a Living Writing has a wonderful article that lists 100 sites that pay writers. It’s a great link to hold onto as you are just getting your writing career off the ground.
To contact Wendy McCance about a writing or social media assignment, interview or speaking engagement, please email her at: email@example.com
Latest posts by Wendy McCance (see all)
- What is a Writers Residency and How Do I Find One? - January 13, 2018
- Useful Information For Those Writing a Book - January 11, 2018
- The Best Facebook Groups for Writers and Why You Should Get Involved - January 8, 2018