Article by Wendy McCance
Now that you have read my article on How to Make Money Using Product Review Sites- Part 1, I would like to give you the most valuable information of all. Below is a list of sites I have signed up for as well as my personal review of what I have experienced with the sites.
- Influenster: This was the first site I signed up for. It’s a great way to get started and I highly recommend starting with this company. Although you aren’t paid to do a review, you do get a ton of really cool free products to try out. The best part about starting out with Influenster is you get a step by step guide detailing what you need to do as the program you were selected for progresses. (insider secret: Don’t worry about doing a ton of reviews to up your score. If you are well-connected on many social media sites, you will get offered many products to review).
Product reviews I have done from this site: TastyKakes, Ivory 2-in-1 soap, Schwarzkopf hair products, NYC New York Color Lip Gloss, Broadway Nails, Secret Deodorant and I was just picked to do a Colgate product.
- Sverve: I think this is my favorite product review site. The site is very straight-forward. You sign up and will get emails when there is a product that might be right for your blog. If you are interested, you sign up. The company then picks which bloggers to use. The process is simple and the pay is decent. So far I have had 2 product reviews each paying $30.00 for a blog post. The money is put into a PayPal account you set up.
Product reviews from this site: FCTRY Mustachifier and a t’shirt company I am currently working on.
- Bzz Agent: This is another site that will email you when there is a possible product review opportunity. I have only done 1 review and it looks like sometimes there is money for writing a review and sometimes you just receive a sample to write about.
Product review I did from this site: Dr. Scholl’s. (even though I didn’t get paid, I am in the process of building up a list of companies I have written for, so I wasn’t as concerned about just receiving a free sample).
- US Family Guide: This is a great site if you are interested in taking your family places at a discounted rate and reviewing the attraction. You get emails when there is a possible review that fits your blog.
Product review I am currently working on: Six Flags Great America. I am receiving 2 free tickets that can be used between now and Sept. 15 at the amusement park in Chicago.
I’d like to note that the sites I have been happiest with are the sites above that will email you when there is a product the company feels would fit my blog. I don’t have to spend extra time checking out the product review site itself. I also like that these companies don’t push you to do a bunch of free reviews to up your score. I have gotten asked to participate with a company even though I haven’t spent time writing up free reviews on these sites.
Here are some additional sites that I have signed up for, but haven’t had any experience with yet.
- Blog Friendly Pr
- House Party (This site looks like so much fun. If nothing else, check this one out).
- She Speaks
- Smiley 360
I hope you found some information you can use. Like always, I’d love to hear from you. If you have any questions about the information in this article, just ask. I’d be happy to answer any questions I can.
To contact Wendy McCance about a writing or social media assignment, interview or speaking engagement, please email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Wendy McCance (see all)
- When Edits Go Too Far - April 24, 2019
- What is a Writers Residency and How Do I Find One? - January 13, 2018
- Useful Information For Those Writing a Book - January 11, 2018