Article by Wendy McCance
Have you ever spoken with someone who is starting their own business or pursing some dream of theirs and you can just feel the passion they have for what they are doing? I have run across people like that, but on rare occasions. Whenever I meet someone who I can just tell is on the right track, it gives me goosebumps.
As a writer, I have written press releases and have helped individuals by providing website content and social media advice. On those occasions when I have worked with someone who I knew was on the right track and had unlimited amounts of enthusiasm over their pursuits, I couldn’t help but want to reach out and do whatever I could possibly think of to help push them along.
Recently, I had such an encounter. I was interviewing a woman about a product she had created. I was going to write the press release for her. As we spoke, she became more and more excited as she described her journey, her product and the response from those who had tried what she had produced. I couldn’t help but get excited right along with her.
Next thing I knew, I was making suggestions on where she could take her product, contact names of people she should get in touch with and ideas were thrown out about the best way to set up her social media platforms. I just knew she was going to be big and I couldn’t help but want to give her some tips to help her out.
Who are these people who have so much passion? How do I know they are destined for greatness?
There are clues that I see in them and that you can see in yourself that give you the nudge that, yes, you are definitely on the right track. Below are the characteristics off someone who is on the right path.
1. You are so excited about what you are doing that you can’t stop talking about it, working on it and obsessing about it.
2. You are full of ideas and are constantly working on your goals.
3. You don’t want to quit even when times get challenging. Heck, you are so driven you couldn’t stop if you tried.
4. You tend to find lucky breaks and magical moments that seem to appear out of nowhere.
5. As you progress, others seem to jump on board and want to help you, brag about you or give you encouragement.
6. What you are doing just feels right. It’s like you finally found your true calling.
7. Small successes seem to come quickly without trying hard.
8. You would rather work on what you are passionate about instead of doing any other activity. It becomes your first love and tearing yourself away from it even for a small while feels almost painful.
9. There is always something else you think of to add and there doesn’t feel like there are enough hours in a day to get it all done.
10. You wake up at odd times or are busy with other things and must stop to write down new ideas or you stop what you are doing to go work through something that is on your mind.
These are the clues that you are on the right track. If you can relate to this article, celebrate what you have found. Finding your true calling isn’t something many people ever find. If you have found it, it’s like you have hit the lottery. You have been given a special gift that will enhance your life and excite you like nothing has ever excited you in your life. Your world will begin to change and the ride is going to be fantastic. Even the hard times will be manageable because you are doing what you love.
I hope as you read this article, you are one of those lucky people who can say they have found their true calling.
To contact Wendy McCance about a writing or social media assignment, interview or speaking engagement, please email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Wendy McCance (see all)
- When Edits Go Too Far - April 24, 2019
- What is a Writers Residency and How Do I Find One? - January 13, 2018
- Useful Information For Those Writing a Book - January 11, 2018