Article by Wendy McCance
Have you ever thought about the wishes you make? Sometimes a wish doesn’t end up as fabulous as what you had imagined.
Can you relate to this list? Let me know your thoughts in the comment section below.
Wishes that backfired. An ironic list.
1. Getting your dream home…it’s far away from everyone you are close to.
2. Working from home to be with the kids…the kids don’t understand that you still need to work.
3. Saving up to get your hair cut and colored…it’s not a good look for you.
4. Getting rid of the minivan for that cool sports car…realizing just how convenient having a minivan really was.
5. Bringing home a new fluffy kitten…the kitten tears up the house with its nails.
6. Going to that restaurant you have been dying to try out…it’s a busy night and the food is sub par.
7. Splurging on an incredible bottle of wine…the wine is corked.
8. Counting down the years before the kids are more independent…the house is much too quiet and the kids aren’t around as much.
9. Landing a dream client…the client isn’t such a dream after all.
10. Making more money…accumulating more bills.
11. Reconnecting with a friend you missed…remembering why you lost touch.
12. Looking forward to the day the kids read their own stories…missing reading to the kids.
13. Deciding to give up smoking…the day you quit becomes the most stressful day you’ve had in a long time.
14. Excited to plant flowers you have always wanted to have in your garden…the flowers die.
15. Getting a day to relax…feeling too jumpy to enjoy relaxing.
16. Buying beautiful dishes…they chip easily.
17. Saving up for gorgeous shoes…the shoes give you blisters.
18. Trying to make everyone else happy…you are not happy.
19. Trying to do it all…stretching yourself too thin.
20. Envy for another person…realizing it is only the image they present that you envy.
To contact Wendy McCance about a writing or social media assignment, interview or speaking engagement, please email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Wendy McCance (see all)
- When Edits Go Too Far - April 24, 2019
- What is a Writers Residency and How Do I Find One? - January 13, 2018
- Useful Information For Those Writing a Book - January 11, 2018