Article by Wendy McCance
One more week and my three kids will be out of school. I love this time of year. Lazy days where the world seems to slow down and takes its time. Trips to the beach, the zoo and endless BBQ’s. No more lunches to pack, homework to worry about or after school activities to rush off to. A chance to sleep in and then stay up late staring at the stars. This is the time of year that I can get some reading in while sitting on the porch, an iced tea by my side.
I have already gathered several books to enjoy over the summer. Some of the books have been partially read, and then abandoned because of a busy schedule. I am determined to finish each and every one of these books over the long summer holiday.
Below is a list of summer reading books I have enjoyed and highly recommend. I hope there is a book or two on this list that you’ll be thrilled to read over the summer too!
1. 29 Gifts: How a Month of Giving Can Change Your Life, by Cami Walker
2. How Starbucks Saved My Life: A Son of privilege Learns to Live Like Everyone Else, by Michael Gill
3. Why We Write: 20 Acclaimed Authors on How and Why They Do What They Do, by Meredith Maran
1. Lost Lake, by Sarah Addison Allen
2. Paris in Love: A Memoir, by Eloisa James
3. The Best Book of Useless Information Ever, by Noel Botham
1. Shark Tales: How I Turned $1,000 into a Billion Dollar Business, by Barbara Corcoran.
2. Secrets of a Freelance Writer, by Robert W. Bly
3. Outliers: The Story of Success, by Malcolm Gladwell
1. Williams-Sonoma Family Meals: Creating Traditions in the Kitchen, by Maria Helm Sinskey
2. Cooking from the Farmers Market, by Jodi Liano
3. Vegetable Love, by Barbara Kafka
For the Kids:
1. The Penderwicks: A Summer Tale of Four Sisters, Two Rabbits, and a Very Interesting Boy, by Jeanne Birdsall
2. The Giver, by Lois Lowry
3. A Wrinkle in Time, by Madeleine L’Engle
*Please note: Descriptions for all of the summer reading books can be found at Wendy’s Bookstore.
To contact Wendy McCance about a writing or social media assignment, interview or speaking engagement, please email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Wendy McCance (see all)
- What is a Writers Residency and How Do I Find One? - January 13, 2018
- Useful Information For Those Writing a Book - January 11, 2018
- The Best Facebook Groups for Writers and Why You Should Get Involved - January 8, 2018