Article by Wendy McCance
Calling All Writers
I am looking for writers who would like to guest post in the month of February. To go along with my Jump Start Your Career month, I am looking for established writers who would like to talk about any of the following subjects:
1. How you became a writer.
2. How you transitioned from another job to that of a freelance writer.
3. What to expect your first year as a full-time writer.
4. Best ways you have found assignments.
5. What is the best advice you can give as a writer.
6. How you networked to get more assignments.
7. How social media has or hasn’t played a role in your career.
8. Advice on crafting a good press release.
9. What advice can you give about figuring out your rates.
10. What types of places do you submit samples of your work? Why have you chosen those platforms/topics/companies?
If there is anything I didn’t mention as a topic that you think would be valuable to discuss, please submit your ideas. You are welcome to take several of the topics above and write-up an interview style post with answers to some of the questions above.
Perks of submitting a post
- Any writer who is picked to do a guest post will have a byline (please include one as well as a picture when submitting your post). You can also include up to 3 links to your social media platforms.
- Your post will be featured in 6 local Michigan newspapers online. Links are available so that you can view your post if requested.
- A link to your post will be sent out to Twitter, my Facebook page, Google+, StumbleUpon, several LinkedIn writing sites, Pinterest, Digg, Tumblr, Diigo, Paper.li, Delicious, Instapaper, Livejournal and FriendFeed.
- Over 2,000 followers read this blog. Posts on writing are extremely popular.
Please fill out the comment box below with your name, your blog or website (get an extra boost to your own site) and what you are interested writing about. Watch the comments for a reply with directions, or put in a way for me to reach you directly and I will send any information there.
I look forward to hearing from you and I’m excited to share your advice with writers who can use a boost while carving out their own writing career.
To contact Wendy McCance about a writing or social media assignment, interview or speaking engagement, please email her at: email@example.com
Latest posts by Wendy McCance (see all)
- Creative Ways to Track and Expand Your Business Goals - August 30, 2015
- Small Improvements Make Major Differences in Your Career - August 28, 2015
- Knowing Your Future Can Be a Curse - August 28, 2015