Article by Wendy McCance
Over the last few months, I have received several awards. I had put together an awards page long ago where I recognize all of the terrific bloggers who have passed an award my way. I haven’t answered any questions in over a year though.
After receiving another award this morning, the Leibster Award from Rebecca over at http://thisfineday.com, I thought I would take a few moments and answer some of those questions. In the spirit of the way the awards work, I would like to name off some of the latest bloggers who have generously passed an award my way. If you would like to take a look at the entire list of bloggers, please go to my Awards Page and check it out. It would be great if you took a moment, stopped by some of these blogs and said hi!! The bloggers I have listed have some incredible blogs.
- How long have you been blogging? I have been blogging since Feb. 2012.
- What do you like about blogging? I love writing, connecting with others and sharing information.
- What book have you read that stayed with you? Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert changed my life. I randomly picked it up at a bookstore years ago without having heard anything about it. The important books always fall into my hands this way. I was going through a rough time and the book gave me a more optimistic outlook on my situation.
- Who lives in your household? I have a fantastic husband who I have been married to for 7 years. He is the kindest most supportive person I know. I have 3 children, two who have moved on to the upper schools and one who is in college. I also have two pets, a fuzzy, black cat named Trixie Firetruck (the kids named her years ago) and a ferret named Lola who is honestly the silliest pet I have ever had.
- What is your favorite thing to do just for yourself? Read.
- What would you do if you won the lottery? Take the family on a few vacations. We have been dreaming of New Zealand, Italy and Montana. Buy a house on the lake. Put a good chunk of money aside for the kids.
- What is your favorite quote? “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.”- Joshua J. Marine
- What is your favorite season? Fall. I love the changing colors, the crunchy leaves, the cider mills and bundling up in a cozy sweater.
- What tip would you give to a new blogger? Forget all of the “tips” and follow what you love. Write honestly and openly and work on exploring yourself. When you are passionate about what you are doing and open to the experience, good things happen when life is approached in such a heartfelt way.
- If you could travel anywhere, where would it be? Recently, I have been thinking a lot about Seattle. I would love to take a couple of weeks and really explore Washington state.
- What is your favorite childhood memory? Moving out of my childhood home at 18 yrs. old
The blogs I would like to put a spotlight on:
There are no questions, just a shout-out and the One Lovely Blog Award if you would like to grab it off this blog. Please see the whole list of amazing bloggers on the awards page. Thanks again to all of the bloggers who have made my day with the kindness of so many awards!!
To contact Wendy McCance about a writing or social media assignment, interview or speaking engagement, please email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Wendy McCance (see all)
- What is a Writers Residency and How Do I Find One? - January 13, 2018
- Useful Information For Those Writing a Book - January 11, 2018
- The Best Facebook Groups for Writers and Why You Should Get Involved - January 8, 2018