Article by Wendy McCance
I would like to offer an opportunity to my readers. I am constantly getting questions about writing/social media and beginning a career in either or both of these fields. I have thought about how I could best help my readers. I have decided to offer personal career consultations.
Here is a sample of some of the things I can help you with:
- How to begin working as a writer or social media manager.
- What procedures to use for billing.
- How to put a proposal together.
- How to create an editorial calendar.
- How to find new clients.
- What to say when writing to a prospect.
- How to set up an online presence so you look like an expert.
- What social media sites are the best sites to use.
- How to set up a Facebook page.
- Reviewing your LinkedIn account to make sure it will impress potential clients.
- How to avoid the wrong type of clients.
- Figuring out what skills you have so that you have more to offer.
- Creating a mileage chart.
- Setting up files for each client.
- What to charge for your services.
- Learning to read a client. Are they serious? Are they truly interested in your services? Are potential clients just trying to reel you in to sell you on their products or services?
- Review of your elevator pitch.
- The best places to network.
- Find out why you don’t need to put any money into setting up and keeping your business going.
I haven’t been too interested in doing a class because I would rather work one on one. Each person has a different set of circumstances and different amounts of information that they have already attained on their own. If you are stuck and not getting as much out of your business as you would like, or are just starting out and don’t know where to begin, I would love to work with you.
I like the idea of a career consultation because you will get quick answers instead of having to commit to a number of classes in hopes of hearing the answers to the specific questions you might personally have. The expense would be much less as well because you are paying for one session instead of a big package.
So here is my offer to you:
- An opportunity to get your individual questions answered in a 30 or 60 minute session. You can ask as many questions as you have in that time frame.
- Access to what has worked for me.
- A plan put in place for you to follow.
- If you need templates for billing, proposals, editorial calendars etc… I can supply those for you. I have links to sites I use and getting on these sites, downloading and using the templates are FREE.
- Each individual is different and our discussion is directed toward your specific needs.
- We can speak by phone or by Skype. Your choice.
- $75.00 for a 30 minute session.
- $125.00 for a 60 minute session.
If this is something you are interested in, please contact me at: email@example.com
Please provide me with the information you would like to discuss. I would like to make sure that what you need help with is something I can really add value to before we set up a career consultation and make payment arrangements.
To contact Wendy McCance about a writing or social media assignment, interview or speaking engagement, please email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Wendy McCance (see all)
- When Edits Go Too Far - April 24, 2019
- What is a Writers Residency and How Do I Find One? - January 13, 2018
- Useful Information For Those Writing a Book - January 11, 2018