Quiz by Wendy McCance
Have you ever thought about what your Facebook style is? Take our quiz and find out now.
1. An important relationship has come to an end. Do you:
A. Keep the information private from Facebook?
B. Post an inspirational picture that expresses how I feel?
C. Write a status update about your situation?
2. If someone reads your “About” page, what will they see?
A. A general summary of what my school and career background is.
B. Nothing except what high school I went to and a Facebook email address.
C. What schools I went to, what city I live in and a phone number so my friends can contact me.
3. How many Facebook friends do you have?
C. 151- The sky’s the limit
4. How do you set your privacy settings?
A. I’m open to anyone being able to see my profile.
B. I like my privacy and only close friends can see my profile.
C. I have close friends and acquaintances that see different levels of personal information.
5. Who do you accept as a Facebook friend?
A. Only my closest friends.
B. Anyone and everyone. It’s fun to meet new people on Facebook.
C. Close friends, relatives and some acquaintances.
6. You applied for a job and the interviewer tried friending you on Facebook. What do you do?
A. Accept the invitation. The more the merrier on your Facebook page.
B. The request feels like an invasion of privacy to you and so you ignore the request.
C. You aren’t thrilled, but accept the request because you really want the job.
7. What type of content covers most of your Facebook page?
A. Inspirational quotes and quick updates about what’s on my mind.
B. My page is filled with photos and updates of where I’m at and what I’m doing.
C. A little bit of everything. Some interactions, photos and the occasional shout out about who I’m hanging out with.
8. How do you feel about your Facebook account?
A. Personally, I’m bored with it.
B. It’s nice to check in on friends and family.
C. I love having another way to connect with everyone. I love social media.
Scoring: 1. A=1, B=2, C=3 2. A=2, B=1, C=3 3. A=1, B=2, C=3 4. A=3, B=1, C=2 5. A=1, B=3, C=2 6. A=3, B=1, C=2 7. A=1, B=2, C=3 8. A=1, B=2, C=3
What your score means:
8-13= You like your privacy. The only reason you signed up for Facebook was to keep in touch with long distance relationships or because you kept getting hassled about not having an account.
14-19= You enjoy staying up to date with friends. You don’t feel the need to check in constantly to get the latest updates. You will post on occasion, but enjoy reading and liking others statuses more than putting up your own.
20-24=Facebook is an addiction for you. You can’t believe life used to go on without Facebook. You like to check in often with status updates and to make plans with friends to get together.
To contact Wendy McCance about a writing or social media assignment, interview or speaking engagement, please email her at: [email protected]
Latest posts by Wendy McCance (see all)
- What is a Writers Residency and How Do I Find One? - January 13, 2018
- Useful Information For Those Writing a Book - January 11, 2018
- The Best Facebook Groups for Writers and Why You Should Get Involved - January 8, 2018