Article by Wendy McCance
Today is my one-year anniversary writing my blog Searching for the Happiness. When I began writing my blog, I never dreamed that one year later I would still be writing this blog.
I have been on such an incredible journey. I learned that I love to write. I found out that there are some amazing people with truly wonderful blogs. I feel privileged to call you, my readers, friends.
I have written about every subject that has popped into my brain. My writing has been an honest reflection of who I am and what type of mom, wife, friend, neighbor and employee I strive to be.
I am currently taking what I have learned and I’m writing a book about my experience blogging and what I have learned while searching for the happiness.
Below, I would like to share some highlights from my year blogging.
Best Moments in a Year of Writing My Blog
1. Being invited to join a mastermind group after I got a lot of attention for the my articles on a LinkedIn site.
2. Getting a call from Hawaii from a reader who wanted to connect with me (She is a real sweetheart by the way).
3. Getting an email from Famous Amos about my blog.
4. Being asked to be an editor for someone’s blog.
5. Getting an opportunity to share my blog on The Oakland Press.
6. Being asked to write articles for a financial website.
7. My blog is showing up on Alexa. Alexa is a site that shows the top million most popular websites by country and throughout the world. My blog is currently 304,470 in the U.S. and linked to 185 sites.
8. My Twitter account currently has 927 people following me all generated without any tools to gain followers.
9. I currently have 244 posts, 31,670 views, 1,256 followers and 2,967 comments.
10. The biggest surprises and accomplishments I am saving for my book.
I hope your own experience as a blogger has had as many incredible moments as what I have experienced. I wish everyone considerable success. Thank you so much for your kindness, support, thoughts on all of these topics and for being such wonderful people to know.
I look forward to another year blogging and I’m excited to find out what the future holds in store for me. 🙂
To contact Wendy McCance about a writing or social media assignment, interview or speaking engagement, please email her at: email@example.com
Latest posts by Wendy McCance (see all)
- What is a Writers Residency and How Do I Find One? - January 13, 2018
- Useful Information For Those Writing a Book - January 11, 2018
- The Best Facebook Groups for Writers and Why You Should Get Involved - January 8, 2018