Article by Wendy McCance
So with Hurricane Sandy barreling through the U.S. I started to think about the people who had to bunker down in their homes. Not the people who needed to evacuate, but the people who knew they would be stuck at home with the family while the storm blew through their town.
I started to do the mental checklist of things I would want to have in the house to make the time spent at home as comfortable as possible.
Below I have written my list of what I would want to have in my home.
My storm list:
2. Jugs of water
3. Candles and Flashlights
4. Wood for the fireplace
5. Extra big supply of food (making sure there was a lot of food that didn’t need to be heated, just in case). Also, ingredients for the crock pot would be perfect.
6. Cards, Puzzles, Board Games
7. Books and Movies
8. Craft projects
9. Batteries (whoops, almost forgot about them)
10. Tons of blankets and pillows on the sectional to snuggle up with
I’m sure you have thought about this as well over the years during different storms that had you caught in the house for a while. What would you want in your home?
To contact Wendy McCance about a writing or social media assignment, interview or speaking engagement, please email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Wendy McCance (see all)
- When Edits Go Too Far - April 24, 2019
- What is a Writers Residency and How Do I Find One? - January 13, 2018
- Useful Information For Those Writing a Book - January 11, 2018