Article by Wendy McCance
Over the years I have read many terrific articles. Sometimes I liked what I read so much that I bookmarked it. Bits and pieces of wisdom have definitely come from the things I will be sharing with you today. I hope you get as much out of these posts, websites and quotes as I have.
“The happiest people don’t have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything.” Unknown
“Entrepreneurs are willing to work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours a week.” Lori Greiner
“If you really want to do something you will find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.” Jim Rohn
“Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” Thomas Edison
“You must listen to your heart and follow it or it will find a million ways to remind you that there is something missing.” Unknown
Best Websites for Writers, Bloggers and Entrepreneurs
Hubspot.com: I love this site more than any other website out there. Here are a few articles that will make you fall in love with them too!
1. 5 Simple Steps to Create a Facebook Page
2. 12 Things to Use Your Blog For
3. How to Write the Perfect LinkedIn Invitation
chrisguillebeau.com: This guy talks about EVERYTHING! Want to know how he became successful? He will spell it out for you. Trust me, just read it!
Socialmediaexaminer: Another favorite website!!! Here are some of their great articles:
1. How to Become a Twitter Influencer
2. 12 Types of Blog Posts that Will Drive More Traffic to Your Site
3. How to Use Pinterest Messages for Marketing
Find out what you were meant to do!
Curious about the road you should be travelling on? Take this test and answer all of your questions.
1. What are the 5 things that you value the most in life? Note: (The most important elements in life. This forms the foundation for all other goals).
2. What are the 3 most important goals in your life, right now in 30 seconds? Note: (The answers you write will be the most accurate and more important).
3. What would you do if you won a million dollars in the lottery tomorrow? How would you spend it? What would be the first and second thing you would do with that money. Note:(No limitations)
4. What would you do and how would you spend your time if you learned today that you only had 6 months to live? What would you do, who would you see? Note: (The answer tells you what your true values are). Also note that: (2 and 3 should be within number 4… if not,take a deeper look at those goals)
5. What have you always wanted to do in your life but you’ve held back from doing it? Note:(A habit (fear, anxiety) holds you back, not reality).
6. What type of activities or doing what sort of things in what sort of circumstances gives you the greatest feeling of well-being? You feel great about yourself when you engage in this particular activity. A key indicator of where your area of excellence is. Note: (One of the high duties of life is to guide our lives to what brings us the most joy and satisfaction).
7. What one great thing would you dare to dream if you knew you could not fail? Note: (This is your great dream and big ambition in life).
If I could interview anyone, who would I choose?
Ernest Hemingway (a close relative perhaps?)
Please, if you have connections and want to make this writer one thrilled human being, I’m serious about being able to have just a few minutes to talk with any of the people mentioned above. To be able to glean a little knowledge from people I so strongly am amazed by would be the most incredible moment I could imagine.
and with that last message, I wish you a good day.
I hope these bits and pieces of knowledge gathered from the archives of my brain have been valuable to you. As always, feel free to comment in the comment section below about what you have read, the journey you are on, or what you have discovered for yourself.
To contact Wendy McCance about a writing or social media assignment, interview or speaking engagement, please email her at: [email protected]
Latest posts by Wendy McCance (see all)
- Top Parenting Blog Winner - June 19, 2017
- Interview with Claire Cappetta of Clarified Lifeline - April 27, 2017
- Rewrite Time - April 25, 2017
A great post
Definitely nuggets of wisdom there, Wendy, and things to think about, for sure. Thank you for sharing, my friend.
Thanks Pat. 🙂