Article by Wendy McCance
I have written a few articles on getting free products to review. If you go to the Community Support Forum on this blog, there is a list of some great sites where you can get free products to write about. Some of the sites will even pay you for writing the review.
The picture above is of the Spring Vox Box. Items I get to do a product review of I just got in the mail from Influenster. I don’t know who was more excited, me or my girls who tried calling dibs on the products the moment they saw them.
The box was filled with full-sized samples of Secret Deodorant, a NYC Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm in Big Apple Red, a OSIS+ Mattifying Powder in Light Control, Broadway Press on Nails and a Tastykake in Reeses. Talk about a good time.
- The Tastykake got divided up so my kids could have some too. I had never had a Tastykake, but it was incredible. Very moist and chocolately, paired well with a glass of milk.
- I have used Secret Deodorant before and I’m still a fan.
- The lip balm by NYC is just the perfect tint and stays on well.
- OSIS+ mattifying powder was really nice and light. I had never used it before, but liked the subtle look. It made my skin look smooth and fresh and not the least bit powdery.
- I have to admit, the press on nails is not my thing, so I tested it out on my daughter. She was thrilled. They seem to stay on fairly well. They were a bit long for her so they needed to be cut down. Even so, my daughter was one happy girl.
Overall, it was a great experience trying the products. I have to find out where to get the Tastykakes, because now I’m hooked.
One last thing, I got an email from a friend who has tried to sign up for some product review sites. She mentioned one site wanted her to pay to sign up. I haven’t found out what site that was yet, but NEVER pay to sign up for any site. The only payment should be made to you for reviewing and writing an article if the site offers payment for reviews.
The site this Vox Box came from was Influenster. I have had a great time working with this company. Signing up is easy and the opportunities to try out products is plentiful.
To contact Wendy McCance about a writing or social media assignment, interview or speaking engagement, please email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Wendy McCance (see all)
- When Edits Go Too Far - April 24, 2019
- What is a Writers Residency and How Do I Find One? - January 13, 2018
- Useful Information For Those Writing a Book - January 11, 2018